Tuesday, August 16, 2005

biden's advice

I was away on vacation this weekend so I'm running a little behind.

I saw Meet the Press this morning and Joe Biden continues to impress, offering this comparison about the current defense secretary:

Imagine if Secretary Rumsfeld was the CEO of a corporation. These guys talk about how they came from business backgrounds. He'd be fired by now. The idea that we are at this moment, with this headline saying "U.S. Struggles to Get Soldiers Updated Armor," is absolutely irresponsible. And I realize all the problems. If you read the article, it goes back two and a half years and the mistakes consistently being made. And I just--I don't get it. I think Rumsfeld should get his notice on Monday morning . . . .

I don't understand the president's willingness to continue to follow the advice of a man who has not been right on a single major piece of advice he's given the president since the statue of Saddam has fallen in that circle on that fateful day over two and a half years ago.

Theoretically, this sounds like good advice, but, really, who would replace him? Is there anyone in the world who wants Rumsfeld's job at this point? And if they are crazy enough to want it, shouldn't that alone disqualify them from having it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here